In order to make it easier to work sterile with microbes, we will construct our own sterile hood. During class you will learn more about biological safety and how to purify strains.
- Biohacking overview
- Biological safety instructions
- Sterile hoods, bio reactors and allowed spaces
- Sterile Hood design
- Open Source Biological Safety Cabinet
Sterile Hood Design
This week we will build the sterile hood. Download the design files here:
No Fritzing wiring this time, just connect the fan to the switch and plug.
Bill of Materials
In order to take part in this class you will need the following materials:
- Search for previous projects within the Biohack community regarding your biofactory and set up a small reference library on your Github Page.
- Start growing your organism in a liquid culture.
Additional reading and hacking
Go ahead and buy a sterile hood:
- Buy one on eBay